1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
I am the sole owner of the information collected on this site. I only have access to or collect information that you voluntarily provide. I will never sell or rent this information to anyone. I don’t share it for free either.
I will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted me. I will not share your information with any third party, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to connect you to somebody at your request, like my cover designer, editor, or website designer.
I would never contact you out of the blue, just because you visited my site. If you subscribe to my newsletter, you can expect a series of welcome messages over a period of several weeks, and then one monthly newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter or the blog very easily at any time, using the usual methods. There’s an unsubscribe link in every newsletter.
Here’s what gets collected where:
1. Newsletter: You supply your email address, which I keep. I manage my newsletter through MailerLite, so your address is at that site also.
2. Contact: My contact form requires a name and an email address. They come to my inbox, so they could loiter around there for some time before being permanently deleted. I don’t hang to messages about topics that have been closed for very long, but it’s possible your name and email address could live in my Trash folder for more than year.
I don’t sell anything from my website or via my newsletter, so I don’t collect anything more sensitive than your email address, which you give voluntarily. Don’t include sensitive information in email delivered through my contact page, just on general principles. There’s no place for you to log in, so no passwords are collected.
I don’t share any information with anybody. I don’t have any ads on my site or any content created by anyone other than my web designer.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
The only cookies used at traceylandergarrett.com are the ones mentioned above, created if you comment on one of my blog posts.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that I am not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. I encourage users to notice when they leave this site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personal information.
Surveys & Contests
If I ever run a survey or a contest from my website, I will make it very clear what sort of information is being requested. Participation will be completely voluntary. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.